May 24, 2013: 2013 ChessNuts Club Championship Qualifier (#3), Broadway Subway, Fargo, ND
The 2013 ChessNuts Championship Finals are schedule on November 9, 2013. To participate in the Finals, players must qualify by earning an invitation in one of the qualifying events held throughout the year at the club. Entry fee for the Finals is $2.
The Finals will be USCF rated, but the qualifying events will not, so players must be USCF members in good standing in order to play in the Championship Finals. Please bring proof of membership or be prepared to purchase one during registration.
- On Site Registration: Players may register on site from 8:00pm until 8:30pm.
- EF: $10.00 - Please bring a personal check (payable to Brian Thompson) for the exact amount, or have correct change ready.
- Format: Round Robin. with the number of rounds determined by entries. If over eight entries, the field may be split into smaller sections, based on club rating. All players will report game results by submitting a complete, signed scoresheet to the TD.
- Time Control: Game/45 with 5 second delay.
- Schedule: One round will be scheduled per week. All games must be contested at the normal meeting of the ChessNuts Chess Club. Entrants will be permitted to play one additional round per week to allow for flexible scheduling. Missed games will be counted as forfeit losses if not completed during the next regular meeting of the ChessNuts Club, or special arrangement made with the TD. All games for the qualifying event must be completed on the final week of the schedule. Weeks that the ChessNuts Club does not meet are not counted toward the tournament schedule.
- Prizes: Prize fund will the 90% of entry fees, with at least half used for the QE3 event and the remainder reserved the the Final Event prize fund.
- Finalists: All finishers (all games played) will qualify for the Finals in each qualifying event.
- Location: Map of 115 N Broadway Dr, Fargo, ND, 58102
- Contact: Brian Thompson email@example.com
August 16-18, 2013: North Dakota State Championship at Howard Johnson Inn in Fargo, North Dakota
- Sponsoring Organization: North Dakota Chess Association
- Location: Howard Johnson Inn, 301 3rd Ave North, Fargo, ND
- Contact: Joe McNamara at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday August 16: Speed Chess (Game in 5) Round Robin Tournament at Subway, 115 Broadway N., Fargo, ND. Registration 8:15 PM - 8:35 PM. Entry Fee $1 (please bring correct change). Unrated. Winner-takes-all prize fund. Directed by Joe McNamara
- Saturday and Sunday August 17 and 18: North Dakota State Championship Tournament. Entry Fee $40 (includes NDCA membership) and Scholastic Players $20. USCF Rated (USCF membership required and available on site). Directed by John Allensworth and assisted by Alex Braun.
- Pairings: Five rounds, computer-generated pairings, paired as one section. USCF pairing rules applied in all rounds. One 1/2 point bye is allowed per player in rounds 1 thru 5 (notify the tournament director before pairings are made.)
- Prizes: All players eligible for cash prizes (based on 25 paid entries). 1st Place - $200, 2nd Place - $100, Class A - $90, Class B - $80, Class C - $70, Class D- $60, Class E/Unrated - $50, Largest Upset (established ratings only) -$50
- Ratings: Ratings from the USCF most recent supplement will be used. Titles awarded to North Dakota residents: State Champion (1st Place), Runner-Up (2nd Place), Top Class A (1800-1999), Top Class B (1600-1799), Top Class C (1400-1599), Top Class D (1200-1399), Top Class E/Unrated (1199 and under/Unrated). For indivisible items (title) the standard USCF tiebreak systems will be used to resolve ties.
- On Site Registration: All may register on site from 10:00 AM until 10:45 AM. Please bring a personal check for the exact amount made out to "NDCA", or have correct change ready.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, August 16th:
- 8:15 PM - Speed Chess Championship Registration
- 8:35 PM - Registration Closes
- 8:40 PM - Speed Chess Tournament Begins (Game in 5)
Saturday, August 17th:
- 10:00 AM - Registration Opens for Championship Event
- 10:45 AM -Registration Closes
- 10:55 AM - Tournament Announcements
- 11:00 AM - Round 1 (Game in 60; time delay 5)
- 1:00 PM - Lunch
- 2:00 PM - Round 2 (Game in 90; time delay 5)
- 5:00 PM - Dinner
- 6:00 PM - Round 3 (Game in 90; time delay 5)
Sunday, August 18th:
- 8:00 AM - Round 4 (Game in 90; time delay 5)
- 11:00 AM - NDCA Membership Meeting (Election of Officers)
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 1:00 PM - Round 5 (Game in 90; time delay 5)
- 4:00 PM - Award and trophy presentations (will start early if possible)
November 9, 2013: 2013 ChessNuts Club Championship Finals, AmericInn Lodge & Suites, 1423 35th St. SW, Fargo, ND, 58103-3419. Reservation: 800-396-5007
- The ChessNuts Championship Finals are open to players who earned an invitation in one of the qualifying events held throughout the year at the club. There is a $2 entry fee for the Finals.
- The Finals will be USCF rated, so players must be USCF members in good standing for the event. Please bring proof of membership or be prepared to purchase one during registration.
- Onsite Check-In: Players must check-in on site between 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM
- Entry Fee: $2 - only players who have pre-qualified in one of the preliminary rounds may play.
- Format: 4 Round Swiss. All players will report game results by submitting a complete, signed scoresheet to the tournament director.
- Time Control: [R1 G/60], [R2 G/60], [R3 G/90], [R4 G/90], all with 5 second delay.
- Schedule: [R1: 9:30 am], [15 min break], [R2], [Lunch!: 1 hour], [R3], [15 min break], [R4], [15 min break], [Awards]
- Prizes: Prizes are based on the entries received at the qualifying rounds. The current guaranteed prize fund is $31.00, including the funds from the QE1 event.
- Location: AmericInn Lodge & Suites, 1423 35th St. SW, Fargo, ND, 58103
- Contact: Brian Thompson email@example.com